1. Web Design should be well-structured,
interactive, and visually engaging.
2. Web Design must complement and highlight
content. Design around the content.
3. Beware of over-designing. Don't try
to be perfect
or too fancy.
4. Develop a common "look and feel" for
web site. Good design is always consistent and
5. Develop and use site templates to make
web page consistent with the overall design.
6. Design should focus on identifying
a particular audience, focusing on their specific
content needs and interests.
7. Design for the "lower common denominator."
Design for browsers and equipment developed
within the last two years.
8. Your design should answer the user's
who, what, when, where, and why questions.
Users should know who you are and
how valid, reliable, and current your content is.
9. Good design includes careful copy-editing
attention to grammar and style. Edit, proofread,
and spell-check your web site.
10. Beware of putting too much text on
a web page.
Make sure there is plenty of white space to
make your content stand out.